Help

Featured Posts

55 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Only that people donate to Videos because they enjoy watching them, I give to this site because I enjoy reading it (most of the time)

Ah right.

On 21/10/2020 at 16:49, Arthur Marshall said:

Most of the DIY stuff is pretty basic. Plumbing and simple 12v electrics are no problem. Gas is also straightforward, needs an expert to do the tricky bits that might go bang, but the first stages are ok. Planning and time are the crucial things. If it's hull or engine work, save up and get it done properly! The rule of three applies - you can have any two of quick, cheap and good, but you can't have all three...

I had no real DIY skills before I started, but, being broke, had to refit my narrowboat from scratch myself after everything had to be ripped out for welding work. By the time I finished, I did have a few.

ETA if it's a narrow boat, find a copy of the Narrowboat Builders Book that one of the magazines produced years ago. 

It was "Waterways World" that published that...Graham Booth I think..I still have them...somewhere!?

9 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I fully understand that.

But my point is that I suspect l am pretty typical in that I subscribe but dont pay them anything.

Some even sell merchandise too, which I have never even considered purchasing.

Me too,  but it wouldn't take much to start the cash rolling in.

A hard luck story with a boat full of holes seemed to do the job.

49 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You don't get the point, they bought the boat and then got their subscribers.

The boat they are on now, yes.

They are starting a new project which allows people to make suggestions on the build, I don't think this will be funded by themselves.

15 hours ago, Rickent said:

Me too,  but it wouldn't take much to start the cash rolling in.

A hard luck story with a boat full of holes seemed to do the job.

The boat they are on now, yes.

They are starting a new project which allows people to make suggestions on the build, I don't think this will be funded by themselves.

@Rickent I must be confused, or you are, it's not Foxes but another youtuber who is getting a boat built, they are the ones who are or were house owners and now rent or sold it, They then bought a second hand liveaboard.

Foxes have a practically new boat.

Edited by LadyG

15 minutes ago, LadyG said:

@Rickent I must be confused, or you are, it's not Foxes but another youtuber who is getting a boat built, they are the ones who are or were house owners and now rent or sold it, They then bought a second hand liveaboard.

Foxes have a practically new boat.

Foxes do indeed have a new boat, they made an announcement a couple of months ago saying they were going to be working with a number of boat builders to design and build a boat with innovative features and offered viewers the chance to put suggestions forward as to what features should be incorporated into the design, I assumed the funding from the channel was going to pay for this.

36 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Foxes do indeed have a new boat, they made an announcement a couple of months ago saying they were going to be working with a number of boat builders to design and build a boat with innovative features and offered viewers the chance to put suggestions forward as to what features should be incorporated into the design, I assumed the funding from the channel was going to pay for this.

Oops, I stand corrected, I missed that, weep.

• Greenie 1