CO alarm issue

RickS

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Fine, Fine, Ouch, fine, fine, fine,  The 'ouch' one was burning hot, literally burning hot.

Have you considered something like this...

https://thermometer.co.uk/industrial-thermometers/1105-digital-max-min-thermometer-with-alarm.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-Uen2rCceOO-FxpNGk1XUt9Wv-AoGS1mfDB2eVZtkg2dDviWMIWHXLQaAhOYEALw_wcB

Tending towards being expensive with 6 batteries, but there's probably a Chinese knock off for £2.99 on t'web.

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Have you considered something like this...

https://thermometer.co.uk/industrial-thermometers/1105-digital-max-min-thermometer-with-alarm.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-Uen2rCceOO-FxpNGk1XUt9Wv-AoGS1mfDB2eVZtkg2dDviWMIWHXLQaAhOYEALw_wcB

Tending towards being expensive with 6 batteries, but there's probably a Chinese knock off for £2.99 on t'web.

Look a handy tool. but keeping it simple, I just check then manually.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Look a handy tool. but keeping it simple, I just check then manually.

It was the alarm feature I thought might be attractive for when the next of the 5 remaining old batteries also fails catastrophically while you're tucked up in your hammock... ;)

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It was the alarm feature I thought might be attractive for when the next of the 5 remaining old batteries also fails catastrophically while you're tucked up in your hammock... ;)

Appreciate it, but I've decided to try a unique method called 'preventative maintenance' (something C&RT might like to consider) if the battery water levels are gong down abnormally (weekly checks instead of annually) its time to replace - I decided that 'mend/replace it when its broken' is not to be encouraged as it might be at an inconvenient time or location.

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Appreciate it, but I've decided to try a unique method called 'preventative maintenance' (something C&RT might like to consider) if the battery water levels are gong down abnormally (weekly checks instead of annually) its time to replace - I decided that 'mend/replace it when its broken' is not to be encouraged as it might be at an inconvenient time or location.

Ah, you mean you spotted what led to the problem when looking at the shaving mirror? :D

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, booke23 said:

AFAIK Carbon Monoxide alarms have a life of 7 years. When you get to 7 years they alarm or beep to tell you. There might be an end of life date on it somewhere. 

There usually is a date ours where changed recently as they were nearly life expired.

19 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

My CO alarm went off halfway through a tunnel, which I thought a bit odd. Nothing on. Stuck it on the roof with new batteries and it went off again. Bought some at same time for the house and they're all behaving properly.

Diesel engine exhaust gas contains CO, maybe the exhaust gasses were being drawn through the boat?