Autherley Junction Towpath Closure?

MartinC

Featured Posts

Sometimes it would automatically be assumed that BW "manage certain land surrounding the canals" because it is considered public property when as I was trying to point out some of that land is NOT public property and therefore BW has no control over it whatsoever. Inspite of what they themselves may believe.

Could you give us some examples please. I had always assumed that the original Acts of Parliament that set up the canals were in effect a compulsary purchase plan to allow the canal companies to build the canal. Please exclude River Navigations where Riperian land ownership applies and the non towpath side of canals.

Edited by gralyn

Went through there two days ago Napton have nearly blocked the cut ( With hire boats ) so why not the tow path !!

Inconsiderate Bast**ds, some thing should be done about hire companies spreading out with no control or heed for other users

Thats what I was pointing out Carlt, when you start getting that specific (as when getting into legal matters) every word you use has to been 100% accurate otherwise you are likely to dig a big hole for yourself. This is why I normally use straightforward phraseology when posting. An example of this was when I originally posted the comment about BW owned land. You chose to pick me up on that requiring comments to be much more specific. All I did in my last post was to indicate that going down that route was an example of going legal jargonise, something I was trying to avoid. I simply used your own words to illustrate where you can end up.I would not want to see this forum end up where everybody gets picked up on every word that is considered not to be 100% accurate, particularly when their general postings are quite clear over the point they were trying to make. Why not keep it simple, isn't that better than nit-picking.

Sorry but you've taken a simple sentence, written by me, using no 'legal Jargonise' and written a load of over-complicated tosh, in an attempt to tell me I may confuse people.

Fair enough :lol:

Went through there two days ago Napton have nearly blocked the cut ( With hire boats ) so why not the tow path !! Inconsiderate Bast**ds, some thing should be done about hire companies spreading out with no control or heed for other users

I agree. Their yard should be measured and they should be told the maximum number of boats they can run out of that site.

Edited by carlt

Went through there two days ago Napton have nearly blocked the cut ( With hire boats ) so why not the tow path !!

Inconsiderate Bast**ds, some thing should be done about hire companies spreading out with no control or heed for other users

That's like Viking Alfoat above Gailey - they fill up the winding hole with boats and then double moor them along the cut.

Edited by StephenA