MOBILE BROADBAND AT THE BEST PRICE

kerrie

Featured Posts

HI EVERYONE.......... U WANNA GET ON 3 FOR THE BEST AND MOST VALUABLE INTERNET CONNECTION. THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST 3G NETWORK.....YOU GET A MODEM, SPEEDS OF 2.8MB PER SECOND AND CAN HAVE 1GIG FOR £10 PER MONTH, 3GIG FOR £15 PER MONNTH OR 7GIG FOR £25 PER MONTH....... THIS BLOWS EVERYBODY ELSE OUT OF THE WATER (SCUSE THE PUN!!)

It's a good price but 3 haven't exactly got the best network coverage, which, even with the big 4 mobile providers can be a bit sketchy.

I'm led to believe 3 use the same network as one of the other ones, but only if there's room as they have to defer to the main user.

KerrieIf you return, welcome to the forum but please DO NOT SHOUT, it does my head in, also please read the rules,advertising is not allowed.
I think you will find I was answering some of the questions like "how can i get broadband"? "what are the good deals"? is anyone better value than vodafone, etc.... and to set the record straight I was not shouting either, just merely expressing my enthusiasm for a product I use that happens to be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
It's a good price but 3 haven't exactly got the best network coverage, which, even with the big 4 mobile providers can be a bit sketchy.I'm led to believe 3 use the same network as one of the other ones, but only if there's room as they have to defer to the main user.
let me tell you this....... it is the only pure 3 g network out there, which means it has the biggest 3g coverage (FACT). you need 3g coverage to get access to faster speeds3 cover over 90% 3g and when you are not in this you roam to orange 2g(99.6%)... but orange have not published their 3g coverage as none of the others have as they are ashamed!!!!!2g coverage = 9 - 56kbps (same as dial up)3g Coverage = 384kbps (average 10 x faster than dial up)3.5g aka HSDPA which 3 have the most coverage for = 2.8MB per second (broadband speed)of course 3 HAD a reputation when 1st launching ............but please remember that voda, 02, Tmobile etc..... all went through the exact same thing when they 1st started. The only difference being is that 3 are the fastest growing network EVER!!!! it took vodafone 8 years to where 3 got to in 4 years................. hope this clears things up.

sorry, but for a "customer" you're awfully up on the lingo

this is spam. and 3s coverage sucks in my opinion.

oh , and for the record I get a gig a month for £7.50 from t mobile, who run their own 2 and 2.5 G networks as a backup. a saving of 30 quid a year from 3's miracle solution.

Edited by fuzzyduck

sorry, but for a "customer" you're awfully up on the lingo

this is spam. and 3s coverage sucks in my opinion.

I have to say, when I've got a signal, it's great, but the coverage is lousy, compared to t-mob, which seems as quick, or orange, which is slow but there's a signal just about everywhere.

Edited to say: You mention that, when there's no 3 signal, it roams to orange. Well maybe for phone coverage but it disconnects the internet altogether.

Edited by carlt

Hi Kerrie

Welcome back, If you were answering a question why not put the answer where the question was, instead of starting a new thread.

After your original post there were four replys, three of the replys believing you to be advertising. Hmmmmm!

Your post was also in phone text speech.

You posted in all capitals, that is shouting, on the net.

As Fuzzy says for a customer you are well up on all the 'lingo'.

Well Orange now have PAYG unlimited download for £12 for a month. You can have £1 for a day, £5 for seven days or the twelve quid offer. And the first time is free, yep, for the first twelve quid you get two months. This is unlimited download and PAYG so no god awful contract.

Frankly that blows 3, T mobile, Vodafone and the rest of them into space :lol:

I think you will find I was answering some of the questions like "how can i get broadband"? "what are the good deals"? is anyone better value than vodafone, etc.... and to set the record straight I was not shouting either, just merely expressing my enthusiasm for a product I use that happens to be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!let me tell you this....... it is the only pure 3 g network out there, which means it has the biggest 3g coverage (FACT). you need 3g coverage to get access to faster speeds3 cover over 90% 3g and when you are not in this you roam to orange 2g(99.6%)... but orange have not published their 3g coverage as none of the others have as they are ashamed!!!!!2g coverage = 9 - 56kbps (same as dial up)3g Coverage = 384kbps (average 10 x faster than dial up)3.5g aka HSDPA which 3 have the most coverage for = 2.8MB per second (broadband speed)of course 3 HAD a reputation when 1st launching ............but please remember that voda, 02, Tmobile etc..... all went through the exact same thing when they 1st started. The only difference being is that 3 are the fastest growing network EVER!!!! it took vodafone 8 years to where 3 got to in 4 years................. hope this clears things up.

wow who would say that? I've got 3 broadband (I liveaboard so its pretty handy) and its fairly good. NEVER goes at 2.8Mbps (not MB that's a factor of 8 out) though only ever gets up to about 800kbps but thats about all I was expecting so I'm happy. I signed up when you got the free modem too, which is handy when I'm out and the girlfriend is in.

Edited by Chris Lingwood

I Spend a lot of time in Africa, where they have a much better 3G system, with a good signal and not too many users on the system. With a Huwei modem I can get 3.4Mbps. I'm trying to make up my mind on a UK supplier but they all seem to be offering networks in six months. Yes it is still the cheapest place in the world for boating!

Well Orange now have PAYG unlimited download for £12 for a month. You can have £1 for a day, £5 for seven days or the twelve quid offer. And the first time is free, yep, for the first twelve quid you get two months. This is unlimited download and PAYG so no god awful contract.

Frankly that blows 3, T mobile, Vodafone and the rest of them into space :D

Trouble with the orange deal is, it's gprs, no 3g so it is much slower. You're also not supposed to use it to link a lap top to the internet, only a phone or PDA though I did for years, on the pound a day thing, without anyone telling me off.