Is this the starter battery, even though it looks like a leisure one?

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Thomas C King said:

No, we are doing it ourselves. The manual is pretty clear. I've measured the length of cable and worked out the size. And we're not changing anything other than the batteries for now. I'm not sure what is likely to go wrong, but even if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world.

Okay, for starters, what are you proposing to use as a dump load to protect the alternator from a BMS disconnect?

12 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Blue sea are exellent. I have some Blue sea kit, my three battery isolaters are BEP, also very good and only about twenty five quid a pop. Those things with the plastic key I have had on some boats but when you have had proper stuff the difference is quite marked.

17 hours ago, Thomas C King said:

Thanks everyone, seems like it's safe to assume it's the starter battery, We'll install everything based on that assumption.

It's almost certainly the starter, but do as Snibs suggested and make sure, and then make very sure

ASSUME - make an ASS of U and ME

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

Okay, for starters, what are you proposing to use as a dump load to protect the alternator from a BMS disconnect?

The lead-acid starter battery is staying to provide somewhere to dump the excessive load. (Journey with) Jono has done a similar installation:

17 minutes ago, Thomas C King said:

You've discussed my installation with Jono? I don't even know the guy.

No, I’ve discussed his installation with him :)

ages ago.