SUPERTHERM changed?

Profzarkov

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

If you don't know how he knows, it is likely you will never know

There’s lots I don’t know. But if I don’t know it how am I supposed to know what it is that I don’t know?

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

There’s lots I don’t know. But if I don’t know it how am I supposed to know what it is that I don’t know?

I don't know...

But if I did know I am sure I would let you know

Edited by tree monkey

25 minutes ago, cuthound said:

The last few posts remind me of Hilda Baker's catch phrase...

The missus had a great aunt who lived in Blackpool who sounded EXACTLY like Hilda Baker. She was often asked for her autograph, which she happily signed “Hilda”. 

• Greenie 1

On 25/10/2019 at 13:16, Profzarkov said:

Just starts lighting the Squirrel this year and have stocked up with the usual SuperTherm but it seems a bit different .... the coals are covered in a white deposit and it has an unusual blue flame, never seen that before. And shed loads of ash.

Might look for an alternative.

steve

Same here.  

I was recommended SuperTherm so I bought a bag to give it a try.   Was surprised to find I needed both top and bottom vents fully open on the Squirrel to keep it burning hot and that it produced large amounts of ash.    I did enjoy the pretty blue flames though.

Back to the WinterBlaze for me.  Cheaper, absolutely minimal ash, burns nice and hot - so very controllable with the vents.  

Though it's not a smokeless, it produces little to no smoke.  The downside is an occasional sulphurous whiff next to the chimney outside the boat. 

Edited by bagginz