The heat

blackrose

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Much, much, MUCH nicer today innitt ?

Yes, it's over cast and dreary with the threat of rain - much more my kind if weather. :D

Edited by Tumshie
got in a pickle

Just now, Tumshie said:

Yes, it's over cast and dreary with the threat of rain - much more my kind of weather. :D

:D We are the same. Missus is off to get barby stuff for an evening barby on the strength of it. We both DETEST hot weather innitt.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

We both DETEST hot weather innitt.

I'm exactly the same, the only way I ever get through the summer is either up a hill or on the water. I can just about cope with the heat it's the humidity that wipes me out. 

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

Think the humidity must have been over 90% yesterday

Just curious.  Here 80% and higher humidity is normal in the summer for us.  Temps of 85-95 degrees or 30-35C are common and sometimes for weeks on end. Just gets absolutely oppressive! As i get older I like summer less and less.

Of course virtually all homes  have Air Conditioning and nearly all boats big enough to live on. It is almost a requirement with our miserable summers.

Yesterday when a lot of you were suffering a humid 30+c we were a comfortable 22c at Hest Bank on the Lancaster Canal :).

Today it's down to 18c and a 20+mph westerly wind coming off the bay. I hope the wind calms down on Friday for our Ribble crossing!