Roving Traders insurance

Kathymel

Featured Posts

Hello folks,

I've just submitted an application for a trader's licence and received this in reply:

'... the proposal is acceptable in principle based on the information provided in the Operating Proposal and that you may complete and pay for your Business Licence online subject to the following supporting information being provided:

• Commercial Insurance Policy with Public Liability
  • Third Party Insurance for Boat (combined policy acceptable)'

Can any traders recommend companies to go to for these? 

Also, I have third party insurance with my normal policy (with Towergate), but is this something different specific to trading? 

Thanks, Kathy

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

I expect Towergate will sort you out. Just give them a ring and they’ll add the extra Public Liability to your current insurance. 

I insure through Collidge and Partners and that’s what I did. Very simple. 

Good luck with the trading. 

Thanks, Goliath.

That sounds delightfully simple.

Some insurers offer a "trading endorsement" free of charge but its getting harder to get these. Towergate were not able to do this for us but we do have an unusual "agreed value" policy with them (another story for another thread) . If all else fails then "combined market traders" will do a good stand alone policy for about £50.

..............Dave

Thanks Dave,

Good to know and cheaper than I was expecting. I haven't been a sole trader for a long time, but I'm sure I paid similar 15 years ago.

Kathy

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

Craftinsure will provide a trading endorsement if you ring them.  I think ours was about £50 added to our existing policy.

Thanks Biscuits. Good to know there's plenty of choice.