Moorings on the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch)

Clodi

Featured Posts

Does anyone moor or know the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch) down towards the junction with the main canal at Barbridge. I'm looking for general info as to general levels of security for unattended boats etc.

Just now, Clodi said:

Does anyone moor or know the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch) down towards the junction with the main canal at Barbridge. I'm looking for general info as to general levels of security for unattended boats etc.

Been passed it many time - the longest linear boat park in the world !!!

15 minutes ago, Clodi said:

I've moored there several times without problems, however I have not left the boat unattended overnight - just not needed to.

If I recall, from the junction to the first bridge is virtually a linear boat park, between the 1st and 2nd bridges is poor mooring, after the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) is good quiet mooring.

Often moor above Venetian Lock Cholmondeston after the winding hole or below the lock there is a picnic area. Never had any problems or heard of any.

Further down just past Aqueduct Marina is a well used mooring.

There are few road accesses down this canal so casual vandalism is not common.