Well it's been a while and thought would do an update will add photos later but after towys engine being 3/4 finished was just water and oil lines left, I ended up with a boot full (Car was on its arse wouldn't have got down back roads)
On this it ment I decided to fully remove the engine.
Her engine has now had the following done.
1 x Brand new cylinder head fully built up.
X2 good cylinder heads fully stripped and rebuild using all new parts (while was at it decided to rebuild a spare has had enough new bits)
Brand new national tower with new liners, new pistons with rings new national rods and bearings (original type that need the big end bolting and shimming to the rods)
Very low used water pump housing with new internals (one side was new never used one side had very little use but had a new one made using new old parts as copies)
New water pump pistons, rods, shafts, seals, electrics, gear housing has had all new bearings, has been converted to a sealed unit as 1 of the things I found looking at the gear housings I have is they very quickly and easily block on the oil feeds and there is a very poor design on the input as it has to run round the outside of the shaft bearing to get to the rest of the pump this blocks up and no oil get to the water pump gear housing. This problem has been removed and will run on gear oil. Only part old is the bilge pump engaging ring.
Fully rebuild govenor using 3/4 new parts, all other parts have been replaced or fully stripped remachined refurbished and extra bearings added to remove wear & future wear and ease of repair in future, only the casing & the speed control arm (to the speed control leverback cabin) have not been replaced or repaired but new bearings have been fitted in housing.
Fully refurbished drive shaft for water pump - governor.
Refurbished cam shafts, 1 has new lobs fitted other has had new lobes in past so these were cleaned up.
New bearing in camshaft holder (timing chain end) fly wheel camshaft holders have been replaced with new parts and a manual oil feed added as the originals have now oil feeds the just work on oil falling down and praying it lands on the very small very shallow cup to lube, this has been made into a big cup but as said manual oil feed added so can be filled with oil, has had the end caps removed and a 1/4 bsp bit added with a inner washer to remove bearing in future if required.
Oil pump been fully refurbished with new shafts and bearing, the bearings have been replaced with oilite bearings as the stock again just works on a small grove and oil off the timing chain splashing oil at it, it has also had the oil feed from the water pump relocated to the oil pump shaft and a drain hole added so it gets an oil feed another fault that's common as the original has effectively no oil getting to the bearings.
So far all other bearings have been replaced and all other oil lines and feeds have been replaced.
1/2 the engine is now ready to have gaskets made and then ready for test fits to check end float on all shafts and shims and new thrust rollers can be ordered.
Once this is done will be onto new white metal bearings (12kg of lms loco white metal is ready to make new bearings from)
Then it's onto gearbox full rebuild (has already had new reduction gears and bearings replaced) will have all gears and bearings replaced and both drive cones and housings be recut to match to remove and lips or scoring.