WEBASTO ECU WARRENTEE?

bigcol

Featured Posts

I have a Question

webasto thermo top c

is the ECU different for truck/vehicle heater, to narrow boat heater?

I bought a made up kit from ebay (turkey webasto dealer seller ) last year

installed last May packed up just last month.

Got Webasto agent down weekend and the ECU needs replacing

serial number shows that webasto will not repair it under warrantee as its not a UK webasto unit

also as its not a proper narrow boat unit, they wouldn't probably cover it under warrantee anyway?

so here I am needing just a uni,t been online plenty of vehicle ones, and kits but what makes a narrow boat heater?

or do I buy a made up kit again desperate confused and pi-sed of

also what's the model number of the 12v heatmisor 24/7 day timer

webasto £87.50 but 12v heatmisor look the same 12v £30! is there any difference

many thanks in advance

colin

Thanks for the link Waggers, just message him asking if he might know whats wrong with it

don't want to buy one with a knackered ECU.

I would like to buy just the unit, with a UK warrentee, that covers marine installation or if theirs a difference at all between a marine unit or a vehicle for sensible price

Colin

Mine is a UK sourced unit. When it failed the agents diagnostics showed it as a BMW unit which they said was nothing unusual. If they have units unsold for any reason they just re-package them.They still replaced the burner under warranty but I had to pay the labour because Webasto say it is not suitable for liveaboard, therefore continuous, use.

Regards

Pete

My understanding is that the "map" in the marine units is a little different with lower voltage thresholds so although a vehicle one may work with well charged batteries it may play up overnight - form mu understanding of the Kings Lock presentations given on the RCR stand at Crick last year.

German Ebay with the right german terms can be a good source of bits, some ship Europe wide.

If you do a trawl of the the right BMW/Merc/Landy forums there's plenty of good info to be had, including how to source and use the Webasto diagnostic software:

http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5001.0

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic14809.html

Also if you're going to bin the ECU maybe open it on the small chance it's something obvious.

Main dealers are not always infallible! smile.png

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete