Cheap drill alert!

Featured Posts

Challenge Xtreme Lithium Ion Drill Driver - 10.8V. 711/4274 @ 29.99 UKP. The li-on bit is good. Bought one yesterday and seems good for the price.

Richard

ETA-should have mentioned, from Argos

Edited by Rich

Challenge Xtreme Lithium Ion Drill Driver - 10.8V. 711/4274 @ 29.99 UKP. The li-on bit is good. Bought one yesterday and seems good for the price.

Richard

ETA-should have mentioned, from Argos

Ive been using this one for the last few months. Far better than the old 14v ni-cad one it replaced. Comes with a smart charger.

The only down side is that you can not get spare battery's.

I hope it's good, I just ordered one because my old drill's batteries are shot after 5 years of abuse and I can't find replacements for them

If it's only a few cells down then it might be worth a go at recelling them:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45473&view=findpost&p=902461

The one above still holds a good charge from back in July :)

I've gone for this Sparky deal but if I miss using 'The Beast' I'll pass it on to someone.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

If it's only a few cells down then it might be worth a go at recelling them:

http://www.canalworl...ndpost&p=902461

The one above still holds a good charge from back in July :)

I've gone for this Sparky deal but if I miss using 'The Beast' I'll pass it on to someone.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Good idea, maybe the two batteries have enough good cells between them to make one good battery. Once I've got the new one I'll have a play with the old one - after all, there's nothing to lose.

I hope it's good, I just ordered one because my old drill's batteries are shot after 5 years of abuse and I can't find replacements for them

Open them up, (carefully,) you may find you can replace the innards. Some you can, others you can't, but if they are totally shot, nothing to lose.

Just read Smileys post - explains it a bit better than me!!

Edited by Mike Tee

These "12V or less" drills are great, because when the battery does die, you can solder a decent sized flex in and run off the boat 12V supply. I have had one such on the boat for ages, that would oherwise have been skipped.

These "12V or less" drills are great, because when the battery does die, you can solder a decent sized flex in and run off the boat 12V supply. I have had one such on the boat for ages, that would oherwise have been skipped.

I have done this with a 9.6 volt cordless tyre pump, using a light cable to provide voltage drop. It works fine because the load is constant and since the cable is extended it gets barely warm.

I have done this with a 9.6 volt cordless tyre pump, using a light cable to provide voltage drop. It works fine because the load is constant and since the cable is extended it gets barely warm.

Neat idea building some volt drop via the flex ;) I suggested this for halogen lights that kept blowing (12V domestic ones) some years ago and got flamed alive!

There are often 12V power tools in the skip at our local recycling centre, but SWMBO won't let me near it.