Dead Mastervolt Charger

KevMc

Featured Posts

HI Folks,

I noticed the wee red light on my fridge flashing the other day but as I was busy I didn't take any notice, then last night the lights got very dim. So this morning I had a little dig around and I found that my Mastervolt charger appears to be dead - well none of the lights are on -I have switched on and off (well I do work in IT) to no avail, I changed the fuse in the plug and still nothing.

I guess my question is - do these normally just give up like that with no warning ? Or is there something I can try?

I ran the engine and that appeared to charge batteries a little (lights got brighter for a while and fridge stopped flashing) so I think they are OK

:help:

HI Folks,

I noticed the wee red light on my fridge flashing the other day but as I was busy I didn't take any notice, then last night the lights got very dim. So this morning I had a little dig around and I found that my Mastervolt charger appears to be dead - well none of the lights are on -I have switched on and off (well I do work in IT) to no avail, I changed the fuse in the plug and still nothing.

I guess my question is - do these normally just give up like that with no warning ? Or is there something I can try?

I ran the engine and that appeared to charge batteries a little (lights got brighter for a while and fridge stopped flashing) so I think they are OK

Assuming you've no access to shore-power - - I'd run your engine until 20:00 hrs tonight

Others will be able to advise you regarding your charger

Assuming you've no access to shore-power - - I'd run your engine until 20:00 hrs tonight

Others will be able to advise you regarding your charger

The 240v system is working fine ..... but thanks you have given me an idea

I changed the fuse in the plug and still nothing.

I assume you have checked the socket is 'live' and the replacement fuse was a good one.

If it is, my diagnosis is the charger is dead and will need repairing :lol: or replacing.:(

Edit: you posted as I was typing.

Edited by bottle

I changed the fuse in the plug and still nothing.

I assume you have checked the socket is 'live' and the replacement fuse was a good one.

If it is, my diagnosis is the charger is dead and will need repairing :lol: or replacing.:(

Edit: you posted as I was typing.

Well 95% certain that the fuse I replaced in the plug was OK ... any idea where I might be able to get charger repaired (if it can be)

I suppose contacting Mastervolt would be the obvious but the reason for my laughing smiley was that it may be cheaper to just replace it.

You say the 240v is working, have you tried anything else in the socket?

Just throwing in ideas no need to answer.

Another one, I wonder if the charger has an internal 'fuse'

Another one, I wonder if the charger has an internal 'fuse'

Our MV combi has a 'thermal fuse' which can be re-set - but if this blows it gives a warning by way of a combination of flashing LED's. Not sure if a MV charger is the same.

HI Folks,

Hello,

There is a company near to me who are to look and repair Mastervolt equipment for not silly money

Keith

I suppose contacting Mastervolt would be the obvious but the reason for my laughing smiley was that it may be cheaper to just replace it.

Mastervolt quote is £350 + VAT to repair .... about £1100 for new .... decisions decisions :blush:

Mastervolt quote is £350 + VAT to repair .... about £1100 for new .... decisions decisions :blush:

Would have thought it likely an independent could repair it for half that, less if a simple fault. Chargers are a lot simpler than say a pure sine inverter.

Clearly Mastervolt don't have an incentive to cannibalise their equipment sales.

cheers, Pete.

-smpt-