Appeal For Information - GUCCCo Gear Wheel Operating Arrangements

Featured Posts

I sent a 2nd email with photos as attatchments ,hopefully it will have landed.I didn't know it made a difference if they were in the mail but hey ho I'm learning even if not yet quite up to speed with the 21st century.

I sent a 2nd email with photos as attatchments ,hopefully it will have landed.I didn't know it made a difference if they were in the mail but hey ho I'm learning even if not yet quite up to speed with the 21st century.

Ah well... It probably shouldn't make a difference - except Alan is only 50 RPM more up to speed than you are :P

Richard

I'm sure it would have been possible to pull the "in line" images from the mail, but couldn't find a quick way.

The attachments, however, are easy to post, and are here......

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

Hope they are usefull,you can just see where the rod came through the bulkhead when the national was in place. The big gearwheel in the cabin is off a machine of some sort and is a good place to hang a soaking wet donkey jacket to dry overnight if the stove is on.Given the weather we are currently getting I expect everybodies fave coat drying places are in use

Its raining pissistantly here at the moment so i'm rained off but when it stops i'll find my old Stanley breast drill which is somewhere in my shed and count the teeth ect,i'm certain is identical to yours. You are welcome to it,if only for its small pinion to do as i mentioned above with,or keep it for spares.

Yes,

Sorry - rude of me not to have managed to specifically reply on this so far, but I was having a lot of issues with Internet on the boat, and largely I was at the tiller, because Cath was on school work whenever not helping with locks, (or in the pub!).

I'd very much like to take you up on the offer. The current arrangements may not be great, but until a viable replacement comes up, I feel rather vulnerable to the cast parts I'm relying on. A similar unit to provide some back up bits would be most appreciated.

Alan

Sorry about this Alan. I've hunted high and low for the drill Alan and i'm sorry to say, not found it yet. I'm now wondering if i've lent it out but can't remember doing so. If i do find it its yours. A friend has also said they have one which i can have,if it materializes you can have that.

Sorry about this Alan. I've hunted high and low for the drill Alan and i'm sorry to say, not found it yet. I'm now wondering if i've lent it out but can't remember doing so. If i do find it its yours. A friend has also said they have one which i can have,if it materializes you can have that.

Workshop tool gremlins lurk everywhere and once they knew it was needed they will have hidden it. Go and look for something completely different (say a left-handed flange re-setter you last used on a Standard 10). You will find the drill then (as well as other things you are not looking for.).

N

Workshop tool gremlins lurk everywhere and once they knew it was needed they will have hidden it. Go and look for something completely different (say a left-handed flange re-setter you last used on a Standard 10). You will find the drill then (as well as other things you are not looking for.).

N

I did find my Inertia starter bendix spring removal tool,a 1936 Ford 8Y type spring perch bolt,and two Lister gearbox mounting legs.

I did find my Inertia starter bendix spring removal tool,a 1936 Ford 8Y type spring perch bolt,and two Lister gearbox mounting legs.

Well, that proves it then.......

N

Do you want those legs?

Richard

Do you want those legs?

Richard

Sorry Richard but i really need to keep them as i have a few customers with these old Lister LM100 and LH150 set ups so i might need them,plus my own for which i acquired them,''just in case''. :mellow:

Sorry Richard but i really need to keep them as i have a few customers with these old Lister LM100 and LH150 set ups so i might need them,plus my own for which i acquired them,''just in case''. :mellow:

:P

No problem. I know where they are if I should need one in the future. Which reminds me - PM sent

Richard