Horace Foster RIP

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

I have just received news tonight that Horace Foster has died today. Horace was a familiar figure at Wolverhampton boat club over the last few years. He was also one of the last horse boatmen having worked to the end of boating with his father Charlie, they both worked for T & S Element. Some of their last trips were done with the tug "Princess Anne" (Ex GUCCCo "Plato") and feature in some of my films. With the passing of Horace one more true link is lost to our boating past.

R.I.P

Seen here in 1959 holding the horse with his father Charlie.

gallery_5000_522_15290.jpg

Edited by Laurence Hogg

So sorry to here that Laurence, we last saw him at Middlewich Folk & Boat this summer. A lovely chap who could talk about the cut all day long. We were very lucky to get to know him & Charlie from when they used to tie up their boat Mayflower at Sneyd Wharf.

Cracking photo though.

I have just received news tonight that Horace Foster has died today. Horace was a familiar figure at Wolverhampton boat club over the last few years. He was also one of the last horse boatmen having worked to the end of boating with his father Charlie, they both worked for T & S Element. Some of their last trips were done with the tug "Princess Anne" (Ex GUCCCo "Plato") and feature in some of my films. With the passing of Horace one more true link is lost to our boating past.

R.I.P

OMG.

We knew 'H' very well. Sorry to read of his passing. That's FOUR boating friends we've lost this year. :(

RIP Horace.

Presumably Laurence, or someone from Wolverhampton BC will provide funeral details here, when known?

ETA just found out today, it's now FIVE

Edited by dave69700

OMG.

We knew 'H' very well. Sorry to read of his passing. That's FOUR boating friends we've lost this year. :(

RIP Horace.

Presumably Laurence, or someone from Wolverhampton BC will provide funeral details here, when known?

ETA just found out today, it's now FIVE

Thanks everyone for the kind words, Uncle H lived life to the full and for me left nothing but good memories and smiles behind. At the moment it looks like the funeral may be in the New Year due to the Xmas period, Ive passed on the kind thoughts to my cousins (his children) and I will keep in touch to post the details when they have them.

Thanks again

Andy

I have just joined this forum to say thank you for all the kind words that you have said about my father.

Although I never really shared his passion for boating, (mainly due to the fact that every holiday I can remember as a kid was on the Fellows Morton & Clayton boat "Vulcan" which was owned by the family at the time lol), I did on occasions visit him at many of the rallies he used to attend, so there is a good chance that we may have been introduced over the years.

Sadly the last time I spent with him on a boat was at this years Pelsall Rally, which he was so happy about because it had taken years to organise and been cancelled the year before because of low water in that area but at least he got to see it once before he departed.

I am getting the feeling that there will be a rather large turn out for his funeral, so anyone wishing to attend and needing details feel free to contact me at ian-foster@tesco.net and once I have everything finalized, I will send out a group email with all the details.

If any of you know anyone who new my father and who is not a member of this forum, feel free to pass my email address on so that they may also contact me.

Also if you have any funny boating stories about him that could be referenced at his funeral and which are not too rude, that would also be appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you all in due course.

Ian.

My uncles funeral has been set for 1.30pm 4th January at Bushbury Crematorium, anyone who would like to can meet at Wolverhampton boat club Barnhurst Lane nr Bilbrook Wton before 1pm to join the cortege. Ian is offline atm otherwise he would have passed on this info to the forum direct.

Thank you.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...