Seems Victor does'nt like us

KenK

Featured Posts

Spotted in this mornings Narrowboat World

No hiding place

I HAVE been told that the UK forum is being engulfed by complaints from those cheats whose boats are either unlicenced or abuse the continuous cruiser rules.

It has all been prompted by narrowboatworld in its campaign in helping our masters get rid of these scroungers, who believe it is their right to have it all for free whilst we honest boaters pay our dues.

Not in my book mates. The ravings of one, going under the name of Fuzzyduck, had of course no sensible argument, so had to resort to gutter language, which rather revealed his mentality.

I reckon Fuzzyduck will be even more annoyed at our news of the purge of unlicenced boats on the Grand Union, especially as I believe he hides around Leicester way...

Downhill

IT ALWAYS amazes me how these little minded cheats, who swear they would never ever read narrowboatworld, always manage to comment on its contents, and particularly my offerings.

It's a long time since I saw anything from that particular forum, but one thing for sure, it has certainly gone downhill, with not only bad language but even people resorting to threats of violence.

As the huge majority of boaters would I'm sure agree—thank God for narrowboatworld!

Takes all sorts I guess :D

Ken

Why do we keep doing this.. There was already a near identical topic on the go.. Does it suggest that that there are some or many people who regard this as a 'write only' forum.

Youve lost me John. You having a senior moment? Just found out what you are on about John. Its in the virtual pub as well.

Constructive critisim is supposed to be a good thing. There are to many sections on this forum site. They confuse matters and some appear never to get used anyway. Maybe time for a clean up and edit.

Edited by Maverick

Well all I can say is; at least he knows the whole world doesn't think the sun shines out of his bottom.

I shall wear his criticisms of me like a badge of pride. yes he's right tho, my rants about him, and people like him are indicative of my mentality.

Edited by fuzzyduck

......................................Who this man? Whyfor his words carry so much weight?

VS is NBW so it would seem.

Why does his word carry so much weight?

He is part of the 'in' crowd.

We lesser mortals are not!

I would like to be part of the 'in' crowd, but any organisation that would accept one such as me to its ranks is not one that I would want to be a part of.

Edited by Maffi

sorry but what the fu.. is a victor

and why is he dissing my homie the fuzzman

seems like a bad vibe man

maybe the canalworld massive need words

and i will say just one word

MAYALID

Victor is a blogger who writes for narrowboatworld (see link in my new, improved sig.).

He's dissing me because I dissed him. that and I suspect he thinks I'm a "comrade" :D

Victor is a blogger who writes for narrowboatworld (see link in my new, improved sig.).

Just had to say "Will the real Victor Swift please stand up, please stand up, please stand up". This 'guess who' game is fantastic when you're in the know but definately not in with the 'in' crowd.

By the way, anyone know how to change my user name? I need to lose a certain two letters at the end the current one and can't work it out for the life of me. PM please, don't let me be accused of taking this fantastic Cleuso thread away from its intentions!

Cheers, Eugene

IT ALWAYS amazes me how these little minded cheats, who swear they would never ever read narrowboatworld, always manage to comment on its contents, and particularly my offerings.

It's a long time since I saw anything from that particular forum, but one thing for sure, it has certainly gone downhill

So he hates it when people comment on his offerings at narrowboatworld,

it's been a long time since he saw anything from this forum,

yet he's still happy to insult Fuzzy :D

I neither know who Victor is, care who Victor is, or have to the best of my knowledge ever read the forum to which he purports to belong (what was it called again?). Whether or not "Victor" likes this forum, or any other forum to which I contribute I couldn't give one frankly.

Just had to say "Will the real Victor Swift please stand up, please stand up, please stand up". This 'guess who' game is fantastic when you're in the know but definately not in with the 'in' crowd.

By the way, anyone know how to change my user name? I need to lose a certain two letters at the end the current one and can't work it out for the life of me. PM please, don't let me be accused of taking this fantastic Cleuso thread away from its intentions!

Cheers, Eugene

I've been away for awhile, so just catching up with the news. I take it that BW left you Eugene? It has done that to alot.

I neither know who Victor is, care who Victor is, or have to the best of my knowledge ever read the forum to which he purports to belong (what was it called again?). Whether or not "Victor" likes this forum, or any other forum to which I contribute I couldn't give one frankly.

I suspect the idiot squeals with delight when he is discussed in any way, can't we let him just slide back into obscurity

Just had to say "Will the real Victor Swift please stand up, please stand up, please stand up". This 'guess who' game is fantastic when you're in the know.

I wasn't aware we were playing a guessing game Eugene.

I've just looked, and I'm not sure you can change your account ID, might be worth PMing Daniel or the like.

Out of interest, who does BW's FOI stuff now you've moved onto pastures new?

I suspect the idiot squeals with delight when he is discussed in any way, can't we let him just slide back into obscurity

Oh no, one of my hobbies (if you look at my profile) is being cruel to small furry animals.

Edited by fuzzyduck

I've just looked, and I'm not sure you can change your account ID, might be worth PMing Daniel or the like.

Out of interest, who does BW's FOI stuff now you've moved onto pastures new?

Oh no, one of my hobbies (if you look at my profile) is being cruel to small furry animals.

Cheers for the tip off on the account ID. I wouldn't wish to be accused of trading standards infrigements, misrepresenting someone or something else, or the like :D

Address to Liz Horne (usual email address format for BW applies, 1st name dot 2nd name@) for FoI requests in the first instance. Jonathan Bryant will have day to day management on them as I did previously.

BTW, hi Yoda. Yes, something did leave me, but as to what......

Cheers, Eugene

Well ok,,,,Yes I have seen and read "healthy" discussions on the forum from time to time. However we boaters are a passionate lot who care deeply for the waterway environment, its heritage and dare I say each other. A quick read of the archives shows many instances of practical and emotional support to fellow members.

Since it is known (on another forum, and here I think) that Fuzzy's partner has been very seriously ill recently I think it is totally disgusting that "Victor" should single him out and attack him in such a personal manner.

I don't usually self-disclose much on these forums, however when my wife had a relapse of her cancer, who was the first to contact me,,, Fuzzy of course.

So Victor if you wish to attack the forum, fine, so be it,,,, But to attack an individual is very wrong. Especially one who devotes his free time to promoting a pastime/lifestyle we all adore.

I look forward to your response

Edit for spelling

Edited by MarkAdrian

Well ok,,,,Yes I have seen and read "healthy" discussions on the forum from time to time. However we boaters are a passionate lot who care deeply for the waterway environment, its heritage and dare I say each other. A quick read of the archives shows many instances of practice and emotional support to fellow members.

Since it is known (on another forum, and here I think) that Fuzzy's partner has been very seriously ill recently I think it is totally disgusting that "Victor" should single him out and attack him in such a personal manner.

I don't usually self-disclose much on these forums, however when my wife had a relapse of her cancer, who was the first to contact me,,, Fuzzy of course.

So Victor if you wish to attack the forum, fine, so be it,,,, But to attack an individual is very wrong. Especially one who devotes his free time to promoting a pastime/lifestyle we all adore.

I look forward to your response

Doubt if he has the balls TBH

I stopped reading NBW ages ago because frankly, it's mostly rubbish, and badly written boring rubbish at that. OK, there's a lot of badly written boring rubbish on here too, but this is an open forum; it doesn't set itself up as some kind of authoritative publication like NBW does - and there's a lot of interesting and entertaining stuff on here too.

And the whole thing isn't so much a question of whether you approve or not (or care) about CCers, licence evaders etc etc - it's the way some people express their disapproval, which so often says so much more about them than about the people they're complaining about.

I stopped reading NBW ages ago because frankly, it's mostly rubbish, and badly written boring rubbish at that. OK, there's a lot of badly written boring rubbish on here too, but this is an open forum; it doesn't set itself up as some kind of authoritative publication like NBW does - and there's a lot of interesting and entertaining stuff on here too.

And the whole thing isn't so much a question of whether you approve or not (or care) about CCers, licence evaders etc etc - it's the way some people express their disapproval, which so often says so much more about them than about the people they're complaining about.

Some good points.

My memory is poor, but TBH I don't think I had ever heard of NBW before today.

I am sad to say that it was the first place that my search engine pointed me to when I started looking at coming "inland"

It took me about half an hour to read the then current news and I left, leaving behind an appropriately worded e-mail (never published oddly enough)

I did spot the "team" pages which show the man in question on a singularly appropriate form of transport. It was then that I realised that I had been reading the redneck witterings of a "journalist" with even LESS experoience on the system than I had.

I almost gave up on the idea of canal life after reading his NIMBY rantings but stumbled upon this forum and found that not ALL canal people thought like him. I have since discovered a few other realms of sanity on the canal webs

(OK "relative" sanity in this case anyway) :D:D