Unusual Issue

Featured Posts

Apologies for posting a question and then disappearing but I had eye surgery a few weeks ago and as a result I am sometimes unable to use electronic devices for reading.  Thank you for all the replies.  Unfortunately with the exception of the animal behaviourist I have tried all the other suggestions where possible.  The dog loves being on the boat just not when the main engine is running. We have a generator that is cocooned and when this is running the dog couldn't care less.  I think we will go down the route of the animal behaviourist.  Many thanks to all who took the time of offer their suggestions and advice.

18 minutes ago, Dartagnan said:

Apologies for posting a question and then disappearing but I had eye surgery a few weeks ago and as a result I am sometimes unable to use electronic devices for reading.  Thank you for all the replies.  Unfortunately with the exception of the animal behaviourist I have tried all the other suggestions where possible.  The dog loves being on the boat just not when the main engine is running. We have a generator that is cocooned and when this is running the dog couldn't care less.  I think we will go down the route of the animal behaviourist.  Many thanks to all who took the time of offer their suggestions and advice.

Keep well and keep positive - I'm convinced its a "feeling secure" issue shame the cage didn't work perhaps its vibration related?

If you are going the behaviourist route make sure you get lots of recommendations - the RSPCA helped us once with a recommendation as they used someone in conjunction with their rescue dogs

4 hours ago, Dartagnan said:

Have you tried having the engine running but not moving the boat?

Build up the time it is running and see if it helps him any.

• Greenie 1

On 15/01/2019 at 13:41, Naughty Cal said:

Have you tried having the engine running but not moving the boat?

Build up the time it is running and see if it helps him any.

I did exactly this with my last dog as she was the same when on the move ... ran the engine for an hour at a time and built it up whilst on the boat pottering around doing jobs and watching tv ... took a few weeks but after that the dog was fine when we were on the move.

Rick