Engine room rewire in Birmingham

C.Mack

Featured Posts

Good day to you fine folks!

I want to get my engine room rewired and haven't been able to find anyone that can do it, or that has time to do it. I have the engine manual with wiring diagram but I can't make up the cables so am unable to do it myself.

I wondered if any of you had any recommendations please? I'm currently off the canal on hardstanding in Birmingham.

I had a bit of rewiring done a few years ago on the Warks Avon by a guy on a roving narrowboat advertising marine elecrical services, solar panel fitting, etc, on the side of his boat. I can't remember his details so realise that doesn't help. Perhaps someone else knows who he is. He was good, but quite messy and I ended up having to clear it up all the mess myself. But he was cheap. The job took longer than he thought but he still only charged me £150 for nearly 2 days work.  

Someone on these lists might be able to help:

http://www.canaljunction.com/boat/electrics.htm

http://www.canaljunction.com/boat/mobile_engineers.htm

Edited by blackrose

Just a thought : is the engine one for which a wirng loom is available from the mariniser?

We recenty had to replace the alternator and engine looms on our Beta 38, and the looms were inexpensive compared to paying someone to make one up.