Photos of other members boats.

AllanW

Featured Posts

You missed mine then a few days ago ((at the junction just above the lock).

We saw you but were not on the boat and to far away to shout.:(

Poo! We looked out for you at Tixall Wide but were distracted looking for rubbish disposal at the junction so missed you :(

Doorman's Elouise below Audlem this morning:

P1010008.jpg

Hi John,

It was nice to meet you and your good lady. We spotted you with your camera but thought you were getting a shot of the lovely lakes in the background. :rolleyes:

I hope that Mr Fincher doesn't spot the fake rivets on our bow, heaven knows we wouldn't want him sniggering at our Hudson Tub!

Mike

Hi John,

It was nice to meet you and your good lady. We spotted you with your camera but thought you were getting a shot of the lovely lakes in the background. :rolleyes:

I hope that Mr Fincher doesn't spot the fake rivets on our bow, heaven knows we wouldn't want him sniggering at our Hudson Tub!

Mike

Maybe I should have posted this shot taken into the light - but they're still visible ;)

Nice to meet you too.

P1010009.jpg

That's a great photo that we'll save and send to our kids. They think that we've been abducted off the coast of Africa :P

Mike

Your fender is drooping too.... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Chertsey is certainly one impressive boat. Unfortunately we missed a great photo oppurtunity to get NC bow to bow with her. Ran out of tide by the time werealised she was there. :rolleyes:

A shame, as it would have been interesting to see the comparison to a "proper" boat. :rolleyes:

(.......We may need to agree to disagree on which would be which, though!.....).

I believe Chertsey is scheduled to start its move back to base, with another forum member at the tiller, provided the engine issues have been fixed, so those photographic opportunities may be about to disappear.....

I absolutely love Sarah's choice for the recent repaint. A little bit different, and sits on it really well, I think!

• 2 weeks later...

A question then,

I would have thought that too but what about the planks on a wooden boat that are not submerged what prevents them from drying and shrinking?

They do dryout and shrink if left unloaded. The owner of a wooden boat at Les Allens Oldbury loaded a piano one weekend which had sunk by the next day.

Chertsey is certainly one impressive boat. Unfortunately we missed a great photo oppurtunity to get NC bow to bow with her. Ran out of tide by the time werealised she was there. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry we didn't manage to run into you while we were there...

... Not literally... of course!