Waeco/Dometic fridge thermostat

Neil2

Featured Posts

The thermostat on my Waeco fridge appears to be broken.  I can get the compressor to run by bypassing the thermostat wiring, and given the cost of 12v fridges I'm looking to repair it but I can't find anywhere that sells spares for these fridges.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

Surely any thermostat that closes a relay would do ? - even the electronic modules that you can get off e-bay for about £10 - Just place the sensor  somewhere in the fridge, dial up the temp you want , and let it do its stuff ?

(perhaps a thermostat from another fridge make would do ?)

Nick

If its any help here is a link to trouble shooting problems, and how to replace a thermostat (on the CR80)

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/pdf/coolmatic_faultfinder.pdf

Locate the compressor and bridge out the C & T terminals (see below).  If the compressor starts the thermostat is  faulty otherwise the module is at fault.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If its any help here is a link to trouble shooting problems, and how to replace a thermostat (on the CR80)

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/pdf/coolmatic_faultfinder.pdf

Locate the compressor and bridge out the C & T terminals (see below).  If the compressor starts the thermostat is  faulty otherwise the module is at fault.

Thanks for the info and the link Alan, that's really helpful.