GU Leicester currently unavigable

PeterCr

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, X Alan W said:

I wasn't referring to the office Indians only the chiefs of this & that depts that were not seemed to be needed in the days when the canal system was a fairly efficient working system I would guess that if they employed a system as used by a hopefully money making business with computers 5/6 staff could cope /turn around in a reasonable time the applications for a boat license the down turn came when BW phased out sectiom insectors/foremen & no one eyed up & checked the foot soldiers work rate & like "topsie" in a lot of cases the inefficiency 'Growed" so   & for the genuine keen workers the moral went down so they left to be replaced by folk who carried on & upped the inefficiency sad really

How do you know that they did not have as many chiefs in days long ago? Just when was that halcyon time? 

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

How do you know that they did not have as many chiefs in days long ago? Just when was that halcyon time? 

Well I found it much better from 1958 /72 commercial boating even with the state of some waterways than i did on the 2 visits 2012/16 although I was only boating for 1 month each  the last 2 times. I know the # of staff in some of the areas up until the mid sixties as I subcontracted to BW 58/63 & any office staff were often employed to carry out several jobs in their line of work It seems in present days C&rt are being jack of all trades & master of none but each to their own opinion