FMC tunnel hook

fittie

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

what amuses me is when they film their 'efforts' and post it on YouTube, and so so often there are crew members hanging about when they should be running lines, opening paddles or pushing gates open. I have just watched a video titled as 'demonstrating the art of gate lining' where a pair appears to be three handed - one steering - one hanging around and one filming. Not only does this video demonstrate how unnecessarily slow they were but also it provided evidence that they left all of the gates open behind them when no boats were going up :captain:

Enthusiastic amatures comes to mind the problem is that the folk who knew how to & could do it are getting fewer & farther apart & possibly not be to chuffed to advise/show how it's done in the correct manner as in days gone by I have been asked howb to & on explaining being told "no that not the way it was done" so I walk away + as said todays boating has different rules etc ie closing gates ,dropping paddles not using boats to open gates not laying off the bottom gate/s of a full lock strapping gates  to stop the boat  all these ungodly acts now a NO NO that back in the day where standard practice & it may be brain fade but I don't remember the amount of damage being done to infrastructure as seems to afflict the system as nowadays

6 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

as said todays boating has different rules etc ie closing gates ,dropping paddles not using boats to open gates not laying off the bottom gate/s of a full lock strapping gates  to stop the boat  all these ungodly acts now a NO NO that back in the day where standard practice & it may be brain fade but I don't remember the amount of damage being done to infrastructure as seems to afflict the system as nowadays

I still do all of the above, my only concessions being to wind down paddles and closing gates behind me - and I am confident that I am not damaging either my boat or the infrastructure :captain: