EU Strikes again ...again!

zenataomm

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, MHS said:

What about un-smug working class wood-burner owners? Are they easy to spot?

But surely it is the smoke we are concerned about- which is easy to spot - not the type of wood or stove.

Does the character or class of an owner matter.

29 minutes ago, Horace42 said:

But surely it is the smoke we are concerned about- which is easy to spot - not the type of wood or stove.

Does the character or class of an owner matter.

Of course your class doesn’t matter.

That’s precisely why I posted it, as Clodi said in his/her post that it was smug middle class people that burn multi-fuel stoves. 

The point I was making in my original comment was that, using London as an example, boaters chimneys are easier to spot therefore easier to prosecute.

It has been fashionable amongst city-dwellers to install wood-burners to go along with the stripped floorboards and other trimmings of the well-heeled home-owner who slavishly follow the fashion trends of the period. Mostly the smoke  emitting from these residences is largely unnoticeable amongst the diesel and other fumes from the street. Whilst those who jog, dog-walk, stroll or bike-ride along the tow-path & those living next to canals are more likely to object to loads of smoke coming from a narrow-boat chimney. 

I bear no prejudice, indeed I  come from a decidedly middle class background (complete with stripped floorboards) .