Wireless Router with decent aerial & battery?

rusty69

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I received my Teltonika rut 955 in the post today.

A couple of queries. As I wish to run it from the boats power supply, I need to source a new connector. Any one know the name, or where I can get one please. See pic (its the male bit I need).

Secondly. The setting are all lost when the power is removed. Is this normal for a router? I thought they should retain the settings.

Thanks

P1050599.JPG

P1050597.JPG

Ah, that is a different fitting to the one on mine...the 950?

Mine retains all the settings when you turn it off.

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Thanks. I wonder what I am doing wrong then. Seems odd, unless I have been done.........again!

The one thing mine doesnt do is record the useage data properly. It did for the first month but after that it doesnt record it.

Are you sure you are saving the data? If you make changes then I think there maybe a 'save' button at the bottom of each page. I have two different sim cards in slots 1 and 2 and the one in slot 2 needs to be switched - so I need turn it off to switch it - and it saves all the data for two slots.

Just now, Dr Bob said:

The one thing mine doesnt do is record the useage data properly. It did for the first month but after that it doesnt record it.

Are you sure you are saving the data? If you make changes then I think there maybe a 'save' button at the bottom of each page. I have two different sim cards in slots 1 and 2 and the one in slot 2 needs to be switched - so I need turn it off to switch it - and it saves all the data for two slots.

I think i have sorted that bit. Fingers crossed. It needed saving and rebooting before removing the power. Just need to identify the connector now. 

Does the data usage include the WiFi usage as well as the 4g stuff? If so, it may be of limited use. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I think i have sorted that bit. Fingers crossed. It needed saving and rebooting before removing the power. Just need to identify the connector now. 

Does the data usage include the WiFi usage as well as the 4g stuff? If so, it may be of limited use. 

Good on saving the settings.?

No, the data useage was only for 4g but it is a bit of a surprise how much data is being used, particularly the numbers on uploaded data. It doesnt count data transferred to your devices. I gave up looking at it and now just monitor data via my BT and EE accounts.

22 hours ago, rusty69 said:

I received my Teltonika rut 955 in the post today.

A couple of queries. As I wish to run it from the boats power supply, I need to source a new connector. Any one know the name, or where I can get one please. See pic (its the male bit I need).

Secondly. The setting are all lost when the power is removed. Is this normal for a router? I thought they should retain the settings.

Thanks

P1050599.JPG

P1050597.JPG

Shamless Bump! Incase WotEver knows (he knows everything) :)  The connector bit, I've sorted the other thing. 

Edited by rusty69

5 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Shamless Bump! Incase WotEver knows (he knows everything) :)  The connector bit, I've sorted the other thing. 

Oh no he doesn’t!  Not by a long chalk...

Try RS Components and/or Farnell. 

Or even Ebay - I’ve found weird & wonderful stuff there before. 

One thing’s for sure - they’ll have bought in that connector. They won’t have made it themselves.