Bedford Milton Keynes Waterway Park blocked by new road scheme

rusty69

Featured Posts

If local people feel strongly enough, they could start a petition. If they garner 100,000 or more signatures it will be discussed in parliament.

That might achieve something, but only if enough MP's decide the navigable culvert is worth it.

19 minutes ago, cuthound said:

That might achieve something, but only if enough MP's decide the navigable culvert is worth it.

My auto-response from the MP for South MK (where said link road is located) includes the following

Are you a constituent?
Please note, there is a strictly-adhered-to Parliamentary rule within the House of Commons that MPs only act upon behalf of their own constituents.

Whilst I see the logic I can't help but see a subtitle of "... and visitors or potential visitors can *** off"
Any CWF members living in south MK?

9 hours ago, 1st ade said:

My auto-response from the MP for South MK (where said link road is located) includes the following

Are you a constituent?
Please note, there is a strictly-adhered-to Parliamentary rule within the House of Commons that MPs only act upon behalf of their own constituents.

Whilst I see the logic I can't help but see a subtitle of "... and visitors or potential visitors can *** off"
Any CWF members living in south MK?

I understand the chair of Bedford to Milton Keynes Trust is meeting with this MP later this week. I live in his constituency but she is far better qualified than me to deal with this.

• 4 weeks later...

It just shows where the culvert will be if the canal builders decide to build it - although I understand the canal group are still lobbying to get it built at the time of the road build. I’m sure I read that the figures quoted for the culvert build are £1 million if built with the road, and £10 million if tunnelled after the build.