BW drop in cabins

sparrowcycles

Featured Posts

How do you lift that out?  the one we had there were two bands that went under it and up the sides and had eyes at the top to lift

pity haven't got a better picture same problem with carl's picture how do you sling under it when dropped in the boat

17 minutes ago, max's son said:

How do you lift that out?  the one we had there were two bands that went under it and up the sides and had eyes at the top to lift

pity haven't got a better picture same problem with carl's picture how do you sling under it when dropped in the boat

Yeah its a mystery to me too, it looks professional enough but maybe its not a BW thing at all. If anyone has any better pics id love to see. 

4 hours ago, sparrowcycles said:

I have just remembered where I have seen a River class butty with a drop in cabin! It is on the hnbc page for Ure. When I get home I will try to upload a photo.

Anyone know the story behind that one?

S

http://www.hnbc.org.uk/boats/ure

I think it was a modern construction by owner Matt Beamish who documented the fit out online but can’t remember where.  The pod was styled loosely on the lift out cabin fitted to river class Anne  but rather longer.  He later had Brinklow built him a replica Admiral motor Pellew seen moored alongside.

Paul

2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I know. Thats where I got the image from. It doesnt give any detail about the cabin though (unless I missed it)

2 hours ago, Paul H said:

I think it was a modern construction by owner Matt Beamish who documented the fit out online but can’t remember where.  The pod was styled loosely on the lift out cabin fitted to river class Anne  but rather longer.  He later had Brinklow built him a replica Admiral motor Pellew seen moored alongside.

Paul

Great, thats useful info, thanks! I will try to find online where it has been documented. Although from searching today there seems to be scant information on Ure online.

S

23 minutes ago, sparrowcycles said:

I know. Thats where I got the image from. It doesnt give any detail about the cabin though (unless I missed it)

I knew you knew (:D), but thought I'd put the link up s people could see what you were referring to.