Engineers in/around London?

Featured Posts

Hey all, 

Wondered if anyone could recommend an engineer who is based around to give my engine a service. It has picked up a strange habit of when in forward gear, all is fine but in reverse, it blows a load of dark smoke out of the exhaust. Occasionally, although it hasn't done it recently, reverse gear seems to lose power.

I'd like to eventually get the knowledge and understanding to figure this kind of thing out myself but in the meantime, it'd be good for someone to take a look!

Cheers 

57 minutes ago, RLWP said:

What engine and gearbox do you have?

Richard

Hi Richard, 

It's a Vetus m4.14 engine and a HBW125 gearbox. 

Cheers! 

58 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Anyway I think the point is that boating in London is a different world to the rest of us, so I’d suggest asking this question on the London Boaters Facebook page.

Alas, I'm no longer on Facebook which obviously has its negatives as well as benefits! 

Servicing a piece of equipment does not generally include fault tracing and fixing. 

If you ask for a service, the technician will at best change the oil and filters etc, and perhaps spot there is a problem with smoking in reverse and tell you it needs fixing!

You need to be asking around for someone to fix the 'smoking in reverse' problem, not an engine service.