WiFi

Col_T

Featured Posts

The marina where our boat has moored has a wifi network that is free to moorers, which is good. Unfortunately, neither my wife's smartphone nor IPad can connect to the wifi network from inside the boat, not so good. We have used the phone as a hot-spot to connect the iPad to the Internet but would prefer to use the marinas wifi instead of my wife's data allowance.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of device, preferably with an external antenna, that will allow the phone and / or the iPad to connect to the marina's wifi??

3 hours ago, mross said:

Do you put it outside? Is it waterproof? Or does it pick up the signal inside the boat?

Ordered it on Saturday, from Amazon, standard delivery and it arrived yesterday. Plugged it in to-day and it found the home wifi network no problem, so now I have to try and be patient until I can get to the boat to try it there. It is tiny, so sticking it in a window should be no problem at all.