Should I use extra liquid adhesive when grouting?

Featured Posts

Generally I'd follow the instructions of the tile adhesive manufacturer, to the letter! Otherwise there's no comeback.

But as said for small areas in boats, less conventional methods may work OK ie dot and dab tiles with silicone etc.

Something possibly worth doing is sealing the grout with a sealer, makes mould less likely.

Edited by smileypete

1 minute ago, Chewbacka said:

If painting it yourself on the side of the canal you will get dust, insects and brush marks visible in the paint (close up not perfect, but is ok at 2 or 3 meters) so in my opinion there is no point buying expensive boat paint.  Also if you do not take it back to metal then any defects in the existing surface such as rusty bits rubbed down, scratches, chips etc will show, the more so with a high gloss paint.

So in my opinion buy a decent oil based paint that is not too expensive and ideally not too glossy.  I painted mine over the existing paint in Dulux weathershield when it was still an oil based gloss on the mooring using a solvent resistant roller and laying off with a brush and am very happy with it. Though I must admit that had I paid someone £10k to do it I would be most upset with the finish.

You must also give the boat a good wash down before sanding.

Think you may have the wrong thread.