Tayna - Agribatt Batteries??

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Received an email from Tayna yesterday Marketting their new range of Agribatt batteries, designed "specially for electric fences". The description suggests they could be good for boats as well as fences.....

However, the price and the look suggests to me that they are ordinary cheap leisure batteries, with a different sticker. In addition, the model number suggests a higher Ah than the actual Ah, e.g. - the 100 is actually 94Ah, and the 120 is only 106Ah.

Any thoughts?

https://www.tayna.co.uk/AgriBatt-Electric-Fence-Batteries-S1438-1.html

If I was designing a fence battery I would want it light as carrying it around a field is no fun, so thin plates, it also doesn't need to have much in the way of current output, so design to be more for depth of discharge and not for current output and low current charging - say 10A max.   Doubt it would last on a boat  especially with an inverter or even 12v hair dryer and a big alternator.