DIESEL PRICE ON THE SHROPPIE

Dodgy Dave

Featured Posts

hi guys and girls,

just thought i'd post this in case it's useful info to anyone else who's out cruising at the mo..

i passed Turners Garage at Wheaton Aston Bridge 19 on the shroppie this morning and

their diesel price is 41.5p per litre... they don't take credit cards but they do take

debit cards eg. Switch..

unfortunately i'd already filled up yesterday at Caggy's on the BCN in Tipton.. 50p a litre..!!

i'm on my way upto Llangollen so if i see anymore on the way i'll post them too...

best regards

Dodgy Dave of Ocker Hill

"...i knew your father.. he was a Jedi too..."

hi guys and girls,

just thought i'd post this in case it's useful info to anyone else who's out cruising at the mo..

i passed Turners Garage at Wheaton Aston Bridge 19 on the shroppie this morning and

their diesel price is 41.5p per litre... they don't take credit cards but they do take

debit cards eg. Switch..

unfortunately i'd already filled up yesterday at Caggy's on the BCN in Tipton.. 50p a litre..!!

i'm on my way upto Llangollen so if i see anymore on the way i'll post them too...

best regards

Dodgy Dave of Ocker Hill

"...i knew your father.. he was a Jedi too..."

They're an ex-working boat family who run Turners at Wheaton Aston and always try to have the cheapest diesel on the cut.

I found the following site some time ago;

http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk/#notts+york

It's mainly pretty out of date but we could all send fuel and pump out prices it could very quickly turn into a useful database of where to get fuel / pump outs and at what price. Don't know whether the owner of the site would be willing to keep it going or whether its something which could be replicated on this forum???

Just a thought

Chris

I found the following site some time ago;

http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk/#notts+york

It's mainly pretty out of date but we could all send fuel and pump out prices it could very quickly turn into a useful database of where to get fuel / pump outs and at what price. Don't know whether the owner of the site would be willing to keep it going or whether its something which could be replicated on this forum???

Just a thought

Chris

Chris,

The site was updated 16 May 2007, so it looks like all that's needed is for people to email rad56mail-diesel @ yahoo.co.uk with any updates. I will be checking what we paid since April when we started out, when I return to the boat, and send ours in. If we all do that, shouldn't take long at all. We got one brilliant price for pumpout £6 the other week, just need to remember the boatyard name!! And his diesel was the cheapest too, except when we got there, he'd sold out not surprisingly!!

They're an ex-working boat family who run Turners at Wheaton Aston and always try to have the cheapest diesel on the cut.

Good to know the bloke is still trading, he wasn't just the cheapest but cheapest by a massive margin. I always wondered why he did that as a 10% price advantage would ensure dominance in the area so why 30%. I always suspected there was some cage rattling involved. He would of course always be able to buy cheaper than other boatyards, probably a full load at a time as he has a fuel station on the road above, no doubt some agricultural sales too.

Edited by John Orentas

evening all,

on the way out of Market Drayton this morning i passed Orwells Boatyard at Victoria Wharf (Bridge 65)..

(it's not shown on my Nicholsons)... they were showing diesel at 42.9 and pump-out at £15...

i'm safely tied up at Audlem now and off for a well earned good nights sleep.. so long as the bottom of the boat doesnt keep

grinding against the bloody Shroppie Shelf every time i turn over..! ;-/

best regards

Dodgy Dave of Ocker Hill

"...i knew your father...he was a Jedi too..."

I paid 43.9 last week at Norbury..

I think he's up to just over 44 this week - so wheaton aston isn't th eonly cheap fuel - and as it's a much longer run for me at the weekend compared to norbury - I'll take the 2p a litre penalty.

Simes.

I paid 43.9 last week at Norbury..

I think he's up to just over 44 this week

Norbury was 44.1 on Friday when we called in for a pump-out (£14.50)

Not sure what the price was at Wheaton Aston.

Handy to know that Orwells do pumpouts as we are on Tom's Moorings so its only a short hop. Is there anywhere to turn at Orwells?

evening boys and girls,

made it onto the llangollen...!! ;-)

nice few days cruising up here and only prob so far was having

a throttle cable break on me at lunchtime today.. fortunately i always

cruise with spare everything so soon sorted and now moored up at

ellesmere this lovely evening...

diesel prices up here are way higher than i've seen anywhere else for

a long time... 58p at swanley marina and 60p at Viking Afloat at Whitchurch..

best regards

Dodgy Dave of Ocker Hill

"...the chances of anything coming from

Mars are a million to one, he said..."

evening boys and girls,

diesel prices up here are way higher than i've seen anywhere else for

a long time... 58p at swanley marina and 60p at Viking Afloat at Whitchurch..

:unsure::cheers:

That's just taking the p*** isn't it.

I guess its vitally important to fill up before heading up there