A Word Of Warning.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

A friend of mine survived a high speed ejection when flying an RAF Hawk but broke his arm during the ejection sequence. I understand that the liferafts used in the ejection seats were subsequently modified to add a sub-surface 'ladder' as it proved impossible to pull himself out of the water with only one arm. Having done a training 'dunk' myself, I can testify how hard it is with TWO working arms!

And if you want realy scarey try the Submarine escape tank at HMS Dolphin!!!! I very nearly had babies ohmy.png

I did a lot of marine works on the Thames, you had to always wear a flotation jacket and there was always a safety boat in

attendance at all times never seen anyone get back into the safety boat without help. You could get back onto the safety boat if

you were wearing a dry suite and fins.

And if you want realy scarey try the Submarine escape tank at HMS Dolphin!!!! I very nearly had babies :o

Always wanted to try that, never got the opportunity. Thinking back,I'm glad I didn't. It's a long way up! Edited by Nightwatch

Always wanted to try that, never got the opportunity. Thinking back,I'm glad I didn't. It's a long way up!

Its or it was? about 100 feet if I recall. You had to do it twice once with no b/a whatsoever and once with a bag jobbie to sort of breath. You had to breath out all the way up otherwise lungs would have been " Toast " I bloomin hated it.