Stovelite Pro

Dave66

Featured Posts

Hi, has anyone tried one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=132039599093&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_500wt_1288

They're pricey but look really neat... I'm wondering if one would work on the Lockgate 2000KVT stove on my boat.

A US website suggested they only work if the stove baseplate temperature is above 150 centigrade... Anyone any idea what temperature Lockgate's get up to(I've not got a thermometer)?? I don't think I've ever had the stove turned up higher than level 4...

Thanks

If it helps, 150 is the bottom end flue temperature (and the stove top won't be much different) of where a solid fuel burns efficiently. Cooler than that and you're producing creosote.

Stove thermometers are quite cheap and a really useful thing to have if you want to get the best from a solid fuel stove. I'd put one of these above an electric gizmo on any boater's must have list.