What the ice like Warwick way?

Lochnevis

Featured Posts

A little bit of on-the-ground info would be much appreciated: I was planning in moving a boat from Lapworth over to Warwick tomorrow, but I'm traveling most of the day, and won't get there until late. From the forecast, it looks like it froze very hard down there last night, so I'm now wondering whether to write off tomorrow entirely. In which case, there's no point in me turning up at midnight to thaw out a boat which is currently heated only by a catalytic gas heater!

So, can anyone help me out with an eyes-on-the-ice report? And/or a bit of local knowledge on how quickly that stretch freezes and then thaws?

Thanks!

edited: to fix autocorrect nonsense.

Edited by Lochnevis

If no one in the area replies , suggest you give Kate boats in Warwick a call or Ian at Saltisford they may be able to give you the heads up . Sorry I can't help , we are on land this winter . Bunny

I drove over the Coventry at Griff this morning and the Ashby this afternoon and there wasn't any sign of ice at all. However that's a few miles from Warwick.

Iced over at hartshill this morning, had me some icebreaking fun, all the way to atherstone!

Gone by afternoon but it's cold again so may see some more tonight, although that's about 30 mile north of Stratford.

Thanks everyone, I think we'll chance it! I had visions of half-inch thick ice... I think the weather station data I looked at must have been on top of a hill or something (it reported -5 last night)

I had that sort of temperature last night and it looked as if the marina at Chirk was iced over today, I didn't go in to try it but I wouldn't be taking bets on able to walk across it.