Employers attitude to CC ing

tired old pirate

Featured Posts

I fear you have made a rod for your own back here mate. It is simply not practicable to carry out a full time job whilst CCing. The only way to do this is to bridge hop, as you are doing, but what happens if BW come along and say "Move, and keep moving". Unlikely I know, but they do do it sometimes pour encourager les autres. What on earth could have been SO bad about your old mooring that moved you to up sticks and leave without working out how you would manage thereafter?

I think T.O.P. should be quite safe on the G.U. Snibble. There seems to be quite a number of boats likely to appear on the next edition of the Ordnance Survey map! - There's one near my mother's that's been on the 48 Hour mooring since before Christmas!

Sorry if this sounds flippant but if T.O.P. has to bridge hop for the forseeable future, he's probably chosen the best area for it!

Personally, I think your employer is being fairly reasonable - unfortunately society is not geared up to deal with people of no fixed abode who also want to participate in working, paying tax, holding driving licences etc., so they are just trying to cover themselves.

Regretfully, I find myself agreeing with this.

Apart from anything else, I believe it would be very hard for your employers to do the necessary tax forms if you are NFA.

Just to really chuck the cat amoungst the pigeons, since the subject of this thread is descrimination, the only discrimanatory post I have found so far is.....

found the marina I was in to be a white middle/upper class gated community

And of course it's "Gated" All marinas are, it's part of what you pay for.

And the moral of the story is... "Look before you leap".

Regretfully, I find myself agreeing with this.

Apart from anything else, I believe it would be very hard for your employers to do the necessary tax forms if you are NFA.

I was NFA for 10 years, with several jobs, paye, no problems. They don't confiscate your NI number you know.

Just to really chuck the cat amoungst the pigeons, since the subject of this thread is descrimination, the only discrimanatory post I have found so far is.....

And of course it's "Gated" All marinas are, it's part of what you pay for.

And the moral of the story is... "Look before you leap".

QUOTE(charles123 @ May 17 2007, 07:01 PM)

As a manager of about 100 people I would chose all things being equal between 2 candidates a person applying for a job that is conventional in that he/her lives at a conventional address because experience tells me that if you select an unconventional employee more often than not it bites you on the bum and you spend time managing what is likely to turn into a high maintenance employee and managers have enough to do without making work for themselves. I doubt whether I would have given you a job. So from what you have said I would support your employer in their actions. Also you have not helped yourself by putting no fixed abode which is bound to raise queeries from any amployer

An employer freely admitting that he would discriminate against someone, who he deems, to be following an unconventional lifestyle.

The post you quote isn't discrimination Snibble, though it is a bit racist.

I think the term "gated community" is a reference to those rather scary looking housing estates in the States with their high security fences and armed security guards. A form of self ghettoisation of the middle classes.

Mighty dark on the towpath, you funny little man. I feel we shall be bumping into each other for a meaningful exchange of views in the near future.

I hope I'm reading this post wrong, it reads like some kind of threat to me. If I'm wrong then please accept my apologies and perhaps enlighten us to what your really saying, if I'm right then it has no place on a public forum such as this.

The post you quote isn't discrimination Snibble, though it is a bit racist.

Don't agree. It is by implication complaining about the race and social class of en entire group of people. It says "I do not like the outlook/lifestyle of these people and cannot live near them".

The point of the thread is "These people do not like my outlook/lifestyle and will not work with me".

Mighty dark on the towpath, you funny little man. I feel we shall be bumping into each other for a meaningful exchange of views in the near future.

That sounds like a threat of physical violence, which I have reported to forum administrators and will now report to the police.

You seem to have sucessfully stalked me Tomsk. You know my boat, my mooring and you also seem to know what I look like. Yet you hide behind a cover of anonymity. Is this really what you think the boating community is about?

For your own safety I am obliged to warn you that that despite my limited stature I studied Kyokushinkai (full contact) karate for 10 years whilst living in Japan. I must emphasise that this is not a counter threat, but I will have no hesitation in vigourously defending myself if I have to and unfortunately for the recipient this may mean serious injury.