Canopy frame repair for a norman river cruiser? help?

Featured Posts

Hi all you wonderful boat people,

I have recently moved onto a little Norman conquest River cruiser (moving on from my narrowboat) and the canopy needs repair. I was looking for any advice or help i can get really. Such as how standardized are the frames? There are two metal bars holding the canopy up that are bent and i want to replace. Can you recommend where i might find replacement bars of the same size? And one of the joints connecting to the boat is missing and need to source one of them too.

Or is it a case of i need to take it to a boat yard to get them to custom make new frame bars for me.

Thank you for all your help. Hope the autumn is being beautiful to you whatever waterway your on x

thank you

Kayospruce supply a variety of replacement parts for covers, canopies etc. Not sure where you are going to find straight replacement tubes though, and if they have a compound radius even one of the usual suppliers might struggle. Canvasman at Otley in Yorks could do it I'm sure but not exactly handy for you.