CAV alternator pulley

Brandy

Featured Posts

I'm after a twin 2 1/2 inch O/D pulley to fit a CAV taper shaft alternator. I've searched the interweb without success. I think I know the answer but anyone know where or if pulleys can be purchased for CAV alternators.

A Nissan Navaro engine is fitted with a twin vee belt pulley on a high output alternator, I don't know what type of shaft this is, you would have to look at the alternator details.

You will need to specify the belt type and centres as well as the pulley diameter if you are trying to buy or have one made to match an existing setup.

I have just adapted a twin SPZ 50mm pulley for a customer to fit a 150 amp Barrus Alternator, this had a parallel shaft so was not to difficult a mod.

The pulley came from Transmission Developments in Poole. The Lister engine had a 350mm dia pulley added

A Nissan Navaro engine is fitted with a twin vee belt pulley on a high output alternator, I don't know what type of shaft this is, you would have to look at the alternator details.

You will need to specify the belt type and centres as well as the pulley diameter if you are trying to buy or have one made to match an existing setup.

I have just adapted a twin SPZ 50mm pulley for a customer to fit a 150 amp Barrus Alternator, this had a parallel shaft so was not to difficult a mod.

The pulley came from Transmission Developments in Poole. The Lister engine had a 350mm dia pulley added

Thanks adrianh, I wanted to stick with my cav alternator setup but with a twin belt drive. If it was a modern alternator which have parallel shafts then buying a new pulley would be no problem. Unfortunately it seems replacement pulleys of any description to fit the taper cav shaft are no longer available to purchase.

hi try these guys c.j.f. autos ...01543 424717 they are in hendsford nr cannock ...hope that helps they have helped me in the past .good luck

Thanks haza, I called them today and they cannot help me but it has confirmed that CAV taper fit pulleys are not available to buy of the shelf. Will have to keep a look out for a used one or look at machining one up.