Jump to content

what is this called (deck hatch?) picture below


Featured Posts

My 1898 Cassels Encyclopedic dictionary would suggest the 'porch' on the f'csle would be a 'companian hatch', the ladder (presumably) leads through the 'companionway' into what I would call a 'lazaret', a separate store, as I think it unlikely to connect with the hold.


I love words!



Edited by Chubberdog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.