Fenders

jddevel

Featured Posts

Recommended depth of stern fenders when my rudder protrudes 440mm beyond the stern. If a tipcat is used with a button that's easily removed, will that "avoid" the complication of how long the marina argues your boat is. Might seem like "penny pinching" but is in response to the engineer fitting the chain fixings.

Thank you.

Recommended depth of stern fenders when my rudder protrudes 440mm beyond the stern. If a tipcat is used with a button that's easily removed, will that "avoid" the complication of how long the marina argues your boat is. Might seem like "penny pinching" but is in response to the engineer fitting the chain fixings.

Thank you.

I would want my fenders to be able to raise up if they get caught on something, so it doesn't really matter

Richard

I cant see the logic of having a rear fender shorter than the rudder, its's a little bit like putting light guards on the inside of glass driving lamps.

If you're doing all your boating on a cut with shorter locks, e.g. the BCN, and you have a full length boat, it's pointless having the full set as you would be lifting them up for almost every lock- so boats such as Yeoford and Collingwood have a single, thin tipcat and the rudder is turned to the side to get the gates open more easily.

I cant see the logic of having a rear fender shorter than the rudder, its's a little bit like putting light guards on the inside of glass driving lamps.

If you're doing all your boating on a cut with shorter locks, e.g. the BCN, and you have a full length boat, it's pointless having the full set as you would be lifting them up for almost every lock- so boats such as Yeoford and Collingwood have a single, thin tipcat and the rudder is turned to the side to get the gates open more easily.