Boat license

rustydiver

Featured Posts

Now I know this is going to sound a real dumb ass question it's the first time we have renewed it. It says 10/16 on the licence does that mean the beginning or end off October.

Do they contact you to let you know it's due?

I want the early payment discont, so when do I need to be thinking about it?

Thank you.

If you can afford it, I would recommend setting up a direct debit, to ensure you always get your 10% early payment discount with minimum hassle or effort.

Not so easy!

I did that a couple of years ago; the first year it rolled over fine (mine's due end of December). This spring, I get a message from my mooring to say that CRT have been by and said the boat wasn't licenced. So I rang them up. They said they'd stopped automatically renewing, even when there was a direct debit in place. Oh, I said, well I never received a reminder. No, they said, we've stopped sending them out...

They were aware there was a problem though so hopefully have remedied it, and I still got the prompt payment discount despite being over two months late, which was obviously them recognising that it was their fault.

All the same, don't take it for granted that it will automattically be renewed if you pay by direct debit.

Not so easy!

I did that a couple of years ago; the first year it rolled over fine (mine's due end of December). This spring, I get a message from my mooring to say that CRT have been by and said the boat wasn't licenced. So I rang them up. They said they'd stopped automatically renewing, even when there was a direct debit in place. Oh, I said, well I never received a reminder. No, they said, we've stopped sending them out...

They were aware there was a problem though so hopefully have remedied it, and I still got the prompt payment discount despite being over two months late, which was obviously them recognising that it was their fault.

All the same, don't take it for granted that it will automattically be renewed if you pay by direct debit.

Strange, mine is due at the end of November and has renewed perfectly both times since I set the direct debit up.

To confirm the answer to your question, renewal is due at the end of the month so yours would be the end of October.

We don't do the Direct Debit.

We get an email about 6 weeks before the renewal date & then the last few years I've renewed online a couple of weeks before its due, never had a problem.

Steve

• Greenie 1