It's All About the Fish - Blisworth Canal Festival

matty40s

Featured Posts

Lovely day out boating and visiting the Blisworth Canal Festival yesterday (on again today). Thousands of visitors and lots of trading boats along with a field full of crafts and other stalls, ferret racing, dog trials, brass bands and food outlets. Oh, and a couple of beer tents.Met up with a few old friends, Parry R and Ruthy, Lemontoes and Bazza just about coping with the crowds.

Then there was the CRT stand(s) - Fish. Big fish tank with lots of canal type fish (in clean water), lots of information about fish and then, another stand with lots of fishing rods and other equipment where you could go and try your hand at fishing (which was very popular with kids).

I think cyclists, walkers and any other canal users should be worried that the new logo with bridge and jumping carp will probably cost several millions to rebrand instead of spending it on cycleways, boot scrapers and anything else needed on canals...

I did like this stall...

20160813_161751_zpsmctusifu.jpg

Lovely day out boating and visiting the Blisworth Canal Festival yesterday (on again today). Thousands of visitors and lots of trading boats along with a field full of crafts and other stalls, ferret racing, dog trials, brass bands and food outlets. Oh, and a couple of beer tents.Met up with a few old friends, Parry R and Ruthy, Lemontoes and Bazza just about coping with the crowds.

Then there was the CRT stand(s) - Fish. Big fish tank with lots of canal type fish (in clean water), lots of information about fish and then, another stand with lots of fishing rods and other equipment where you could go and try your hand at fishing (which was very popular with kids).

I think cyclists, walkers and any other canal users should be worried that the new logo with bridge and jumping carp will probably cost several millions to rebrand instead of spending it on cycleways, boot scrapers and anything else needed on canals...

Yes I sold my boat today. I'm fed up of putting an awful lot of my hard earned money CRT's way when all I can see them spending it on is bikers walkers and fishermen. My 6 year canal affair is now over and I wont be back.

Can you think of anything else that could easily have been put on a stand to attract visitor attention and interest.

Having 20 or 30 years of setting up stands at agricultural shows and the like (admittedly as a business) it would seem to me a sure fire winner for getting people on to the stand and engaged with the staff.