Identifying a lead

Alan Taylor

Featured Posts

I wonder if the collective mind could help me source a connector.

Picture below it's the female end of a 12V cigarette lead for a Kensington power supply that I stupidly lost. Kensington won't supply the lead on its own and I'm reluctant to junk the whole unit so I want to make up a new lead.

So if anyone can identify it or, better still, knows where I can get one (the connector).....

(It's not, I think, a 4 pin DIN which it resembles closely though if I can find one easily I might see if it fits.)

post-26071-0-89124000-1470649441_thumb.jpg

Without having a diameter dimension, it is difficult to judge, but it looks very similar to the 12v DC power lead connection found on some digital televisions, which are a bit larger than standard DIN plugs.

Edited by David Schweizer

Please take shots from side as well and get them in focus!

And maybe lay a ruler across below it, to allow us to judge the size.

Without the suggestion it may be roughly DIN plug size, my assumption from the picture alone would have been something somewhat smaller.

Edited by alan_fincher

looks like the male end, it's the female end I'm after. Sorry about out of focus image, it's without side by side comparison exactly the same size as a DIN 4 way but the pins are fatter.

I wonder if the collective mind could help me source a connector.

Picture below it's the female end of a 12V cigarette lead for a Kensington power supply that I stupidly lost. Kensington won't supply the lead on its own and I'm reluctant to junk the whole unit so I want to make up a new lead.

So if anyone can identify it or, better still, knows where I can get one (the connector).....

(It's not, I think, a 4 pin DIN which it resembles closely though if I can find one easily I might see if it fits.)

attachicon.gifIMG_6584.JPG

This one ?

http://www.kycon.com/website/Products/DCPower/dcpower2.html

Data sheet http://anacapa.kycon.com/2013Catalogpage/DC%20Power/KPJX-CM.pdf

Edited by Eeyore

I think that is it, although I'd have to cut the shroud to make it fit. I'm also considering internal surgery to change the gender or fit an alternative plug. I'll fire off an email to kycon see if there is a UK supplier.

thanks everybody.