48hour moorings in Oxford

Lottiespal

Featured Posts

Hi all ?

We will be heading down to Oxford in next couple of weeks and have family joining us there who are arriving by train. Can anyone offer advice on nearest 48 hour moorings to the station please? We have always moored opposite Christchurch Meadow before but not sure if we're dropping down onto the river this time. Thanks in anticipation

There are 48 hour moorings pretty much outside the station, opposite Oxford Cruisers; these are often busy.(Turn right at Isis lock to walk to station) There are two moorings at the terminus of the canal, these are almost always free, because you have to reverse to get out!

The best 48 hour moorings are just south of 234a..(I think).about 15-20 mins on foot.

When I visited two years ago the first section of canal adjacent to the station was solid with moored boats both sides. Most recently (three weeks ago) the situation has changed dramatically for the better. Arriving around 5pm I had no trouble finding space with mooring rings opposite the boat yard and maybe 150 yards before the lock onto the Thames.

There are lots of 48hr moorings on the canal on the approach to Isis lock. The station is very close.

Seconded.

And if you pass a few then regret it by finding none closer, you can drop though Isis lock and turn to come back legitimately on just a CRT licence. Then cruise north again until you meet the first free mooring.

We dropped on to the river and moored overnight at the moorings above Osney lock and before the bridge.....went and asked if we needed a licence from the locky but he said he didn't care till we went through his lock......

This was a few years ago so they might have tightened up now I guess.....the Gin palaces did look a bit miffed at us tho!

Cheers

Gareth