Sunken boat T&M near Marston Salt Museum

Seti-Yeti

Featured Posts

Been there for yonks, although only sunk in the last 2 weeks.

There is another one sunk below lock 67 that is almost blocking the cut. I struggled to get round it on the offside this afternoon. CRT bod turned up while i was in the lock and i asked him why they hadn't removed either of them before they sunk as surely it's more cost effective to tow them away rather than have to raise them and then tow them away.

He agreed but said unfortunately they have to go through a legal process before they csn move them.

Both have been abandoned for at least 8 months, so it's a shame thier legal process takes longer than that as it's going to cost them a lot more to remove them now.

20160706_113941_zpsuthzaadf.jpg

Edited by junior

Been there for yonks, although only sunk in the last 2 weeks.

There is another one sunk below lock 67 that is almost blocking the cut. I struggled to get round it on the offside this afternoon. CRT bod turned up while i was in the lock and i asked him why they hadn't removed either of them before they sunk as surely it's more cost effective to tow them away rather than have to raise them and then tow them away.

He agreed but said unfortunately they have to go through a legal process before they csn move them.

Both have been abandoned for at least 8 months, so it's a shame thier legal process takes longer than that as it's going to cost them a lot more to remove them now.

The 'legal' process refered to takes a maximum of 28 days before they can remove a boat which is abandoned or sunk, but the same piece of legislation gives them the power to move, immediately and without notice, any boat that is an obstruction or a source of danger.

This 'legal' process is the very same Section 8 of the 1983 BW Act which is in regular use against selected boaters to steal their boats as a form of reprisal for allegedly not moving far enough whilst 'cruising', or staying in one place for too long.

Edited by bag 'o' bones