Smartgauge problem - need advice

starman

Featured Posts

Kind offer - up on L&L nearish to Skipton

Hmmmm. This Smargauge in its box is down here in Reading. A three week cruise I'd guess, or you can drive down to borrow it you wish!

Not sure I want to get into the risks of posting it though...

Hmmmm. This Smargauge in its box is down here in Reading. A three week cruise I'd guess, or you can drive down to borrow it you wish!

I have one a little closer to him than that - Coventry area.

That's if I can find it...

Kind offers but I can't help thinking that if the OP has 12v or so on the connectors on back of the gauge, swapping to a different SG isnt going to prove anything we don't already know.

But we don't know he has 12v on the back of the gauge 100% of the time. Only at the time he checks it.

So if the fault persists with a new SG, it's the boat. If it goes away, its his SG.

Shame! Thanks again for the offer - and to you Wotever.

Merlin say the unit has probably lunched itself when the boat was laid up over winter and the batteries went too low for too long. They'll repair it (which usually means chucking the innards away and putting new ones in) or offer me a replacement at a deal price. It'll be in the post as soon as I get a returns reference number from them.

Edited by starman

Shame! Thanks again for the offer - and to you Wotever.

Merlin say the unit has probably lunched itself when the boat was laid up over winter and the batteries went too low for too long. They'll repair it (which usually means chucking the innards away and putting new ones in) or offer me a replacement at a deal price. It'll be in the post as soon as I get a returns reference number from them.

Cool :)

Merlin are good to deal with.