Webasto header tank acting as a radiator?

cmayflower

Featured Posts

Hello we have a calorifier in the back cupboard, above this is space for coats etc, we ideally want a radiator in the bottom part but space is limited due to the calorifier. We have a webasto heater and are wondering if it is possible to use the header tank to act as a radiator instead of fitting one in this space?

Edited by cmayflower

I have an aluminium 2 pipe header tank which also has a sight glass to see the water level in it. It works really well as a radiator. I do not know the make as it came with the boat. I assume it was part of the Webasto kit.

A header tank wouldn't have any flow through it though? So would make a rubbish radiator? Or are you thinking of adapting one to have some kind of flow through it?

If as the OP says, it's the Webasto one then it will, or even some of the Eber ones they are designed so the coolant flows through and gets rid of air, better than the single Teed off ones at air separation, not as good as a pressurised closed loop system with a Spirovent though.

Edited by NMEA