Propeller Dressing

Featured Posts

Hi All

Have had the results of the boats 19 year hull survey and it has been recommended that the next time the boat is out the water it has the propeller dressed and balanced. Since it's out the water now and we plan a full year's cruising between now and when it's next out I'm thinking perhaps we should do the job now so it's in good shape for the year cruising. It has a few nicks and the leading edge looks like it might have trouble cutting grass - it's clearly had a few scuffles with a shopping trolley or two.

I see recommendations for A&E Woodward's and Crowthers but was wondering if there was anywhere more local to me in Milton Keynes where I could take it that people have used and were happy with?

I saw that someone said it cost them £150, is this the average would others say?

Many thanks

David

(Giant's Other Half here.) We paid £170 for a 29" prop reconditioning nearly 2 years ago as part of the larger job of replacing the shaft, etc. Have had no problems with it since.

T. Norris were super easy to deal with and very polite when it turned out the prop had been bodged onto the shaft with tar and cement.

Edited by wren