widebeans on the Bridgewater next week

kevinl

Featured Posts

Just got this, any widebeams can't get past between 8am & 5.30pm, narrowboats with caution and presumably only one at a time so there may be a queue.

K

CANAL RESTRICTION

BARFOOT AQUEDUCT

MONDAY 23rd MAY TO FRIDAY 27th MAY 2016 INCLUSIVE

Notice is hereby given that due to essential repairs to BARFOOT (MERSEY) AQUEDUCT. The Bridgewater Canal will be restricted while works are undertaken.

THE CANAL WILL BE RESTRICTED IN WIDTH BETWEEN 8.00am & 5.30pm

THE CANAL WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR NARROW BOATS TO NAVIGATE PAST VERY SLOWLY AND WITH EXTREME CAUTION.

WIDE BEAM BOATS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PASS DURING THESE TIMES.

THE TOWPATH WILL REMAIN OPEN

To maintain safety, Boaters, pedestrians & cyclists traveling between Dane Road Bridge & The Watch House are asked to be vigilant and obey signs and instructions in the immediate vicinity of the works.

The Company regrets any inconvenience that these necessary works may cause.

That was a useful post for some and you decide to take the mickey... just because the title was half baked. wink.png

I don't think my mildly amusing comment prevented anyone from reading the stoppage notice. Nor do I think the title was half baked (slightly insulting to the OP I think) It was simply a typo, and was not continued into the message itself, and I really can't see why you feel it necessary to jump up with righteous indignation on behalf of the OP. Lighten up and stop trying to turn the world grey.

Tam

I don't think my mildly amusing comment prevented anyone from reading the stoppage notice. Nor do I think the title was half baked (slightly insulting to the OP I think) It was simply a typo, and was not continued into the message itself, and I really can't see why you feel it necessary to jump up with righteous indignation on behalf of the OP. Lighten up and stop trying to turn the world grey.

Tam

Easy tiger!! There was a smiley at the end for others to see, but since you introduced the bean-based fun, I thought you'd have spotted "baked" was also a bean reference. ;)

No offence to the OP either - my posts are littered with whacky android auto-corrects, which his wide 'bean' possibly was. I'm so used to them now, I frequently leave them in.

ETA if it helps Tam, your post did make me smile!

Edited by Sea Dog

Calm down old beans!

Thank you for a very useful post as we are heading that way very soon. Have a greenie.
Haven't bean that way in ages...

Edited by Guest

There was a smiley at the end for others to see, but since you introduced the bean-based fun, I thought you'd have spotted "baked" was also a bean reference. wink.png

OK. I just don't see that icon as a smiley face, as it looks more like someone making a disapproving sideways glance. I'll try to regard it as a smile in future. rolleyes.gif

OK. I just don't see that icon as a smiley face, as it looks more like someone making a disapproving sideways glance. I'll try to regard it as a smile in future. rolleyes.gif

Well, to be fair Tam, I can see where you're coming from with that smiley thing. It's supposed to be a wink which is what I see it as, but then I've bean using it for years. :D