Pubs in Wootton Wawen

Featured Posts

Just travelling down the Stratford and stopped over night in Wootton Wawen. Went to go into Navigation Inn by the Wharf.

Don't!

The Bulls Head just up the road has been taken over by the same people who run the Fleur-de-lys in Lowsonford. Excellent Food and drink and very friendly staff!

Just travelling down the Stratford and stopped over night in Wootton Wawen. Went to go into Navigation Inn by the Wharf.

Don't!

The Bulls Head just up the road has been taken over by the same people who run the Fleur-de-lys in Lowsonford. Excellent Food and drink and very friendly staff!

Why?

Personally I've always found the staff at the Fleur-de-lys a bit patronising and the prices inflated.

Why?

Personally I've always found the staff at the Fleur-de-lys a bit patronising and the prices inflated.

Must admit I found the Navigation to be a bit of a barn of a place with little atmosphere.

Tim

Why?

When was that though, it has changed hands. The people there 5 years ago were a but "off" for sure.

When I used to frequent Wootton - admittedly a few years ago - the Bulls Head was depressing and empty and not worth the walk. The Navigation was friendly, did good steaks and had a brilliant trad jazz night every other Monday. The Nav was the boaters' pub.

Edited by BlueStringPudding