Bolinder exhaust roof collar

billybobbooth

Featured Posts

Might be a bit of an odd request but i need a bolinder roof collar if its not from a bolinder i need it to be the same as i already have 3 stacks that fit a bolinder on!

If all goes to plan and i can get the work done to a boat at a reasonable cost i want to convert it back to having a semi diesel exhaust (well to the eye anyways abit like lamprey)

Might be a bit of an odd request but i need a bolinder roof collar if its not from a bolinder i need it to be the same as i already have 3 stacks that fit a bolinder on!

If all goes to plan and i can get the work done to a boat at a reasonable cost i want to convert it back to having a semi diesel exhaust (well to the eye anyways abit like lamprey)

Back in the day IIRC My Seffle & i guess you mean the semi diesel Bolinder used the same collar as the back cabin range & the exhaust pipes were the same diameter as the stove chimney in fact I used cabin chimney pipes for the exhaust

Bolinder one is a 4.75 inch outside tapered diameter with a small ring around it to that bolts to the roof using 4 bolts. Most chimney ones even the smaller ones are like a big ovel plate with 2 bolt to hold it down

The fixing plate on the one I had was cut to make it a ring the width of the narrowest part of the flange & had 4 holes drilled & then filed square to accept coach bolts

At the moment its not for a boat its so i can finish building the new riveted stacks for peacock and a few sets of short brass ones made from artillery shells i know they fit but to make them i need to keep taking them on and off then doing a few rivets and fitting ect. I then need it to know how many brass ones i can make from each shell think last time i got away with 2 as one just had a thicker wall than the other.

After that unless the boat i have dosnt have a bolinder coller it will go onto that to put it back to having one on. If it already has one ill give it back to who ever i got/bought it from

I will then pos build a few more and sell them off cheap to cover the materials

• 4 weeks later...